Thursday 8 September 2011

Goh Wei Ming, Kevin - Oliver Barbosa, DYTM Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah Invitational Masters Round 1

And so after 6 rounds, I am on a less than satisfactory 2.5/6 although I feel my play hasn't been that all bad and I'm trying to come to some conclusions why the results haven't been going my way so far.

I'll be annotating all my games from this tournament and in round 1, due to the worst possible draw, I had to face top seed IM Oliver Barbosa with Black. With a 2538 elo, Oliver is clearly a GM in the making and just needed the opportunites to complete his GM requirements. I felt he played the entire game flawlessly and just a couple of inaccuracies meant I had no chance to survive his dashing attack. I think he conducted the attack extremely well and would make a good training example for any trainers. Here's the game with some of my comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment