Wednesday 21 September 2011

Campomanes Memorial Yangon GM Tournament

After making 3 tedious visits to the Myanmar Embassy, I've finally received my visa which means I am all set to fly to Yangon tomorrow afternoon for yet another GM tournament.

Tournaments in Myanmar receive little coverage on the net so I guess I can only update my results periodically here. Here's the tentative player list:

GM Nguyen Anh Dung
GM Bui Vinh
GM Jha Sriram
GM Zaw Win Lay
IM Mok Tze Meng
IM Wynn Zaw Htun
FM Nguyen Van Hai

This is naturally not the final list but I reckon there will be a few other Myanmese in the line up and from the looks of it, the average opponent rating is likely to be in the lowest category which means I'll need to score a minimum of 7/9 or 8/10 or 9/11.

In any case, I have never been to Myanmar and I was told Yangon has plenty of beautiful places so perhaps, I'll mix a bit of tourism in this tournament for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment