Friday 21 October 2011

Caissa GM Tournament November

I'm currently in Kecskemet midway through the above event, incidentally the same tournament where I made my maiden GM norm in March. It's unlikely for me to replicate my success though, as I have lost 2 games and drawn 1 already and basically needs to win the rest of my games.

All the games were interesting though and I'll probably put them up very soon. Just a small taster, I played 2 (hyper-accelerated) Dragadorf with Black, winning 1 and losing 1 to the legendary Gyula Sax who took revenge for his corresponding loss against me in March. I can add that he basically refuted the entire system and I daresay it's no longer playable now. Not sure if anyone considered it playable in the past though.

I also lost with White against Attila Groszpeter in the 6.Bg5 Najdorf, missing an immediate win after 10 moves and instead contrived to lose in the most pathetic manner possible. I was thoroughly depressed at this point and after posting a half emo status on Facebook, I regained some much needed pride (and elo) by winning with Black against Serbian GM Zlatko Ilincic in a Neo Grunfeld. A few hours ago, I again failed to convert a winning position and drew with the talented Hungarian Antal Tibor Kende.

More to follow.....

4 comments:

  1. Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this event qualify for Chess Olympiad 2012?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you win all your remaining games in Kechkemet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I tried my best but didn't manage to. :) As for qualification for Olympiad, who knows what the SCF wants?

    ReplyDelete